Thursday, April 12, 2012

Best Compliment Ever!

Girls basketball roundtable


MARK: There are teams that have impressed me more than individual players, which is a little different. I find Emerson fascinating. The Group 1 Cavos are 11-0 without a lot of depth and they have already beaten two Group 4 teams (Fair Lawn and Bloomfield) and two Group 3’s (Bergenfield and Old Tappan). Most of their games are close, so they are working hard for everything they have. Deanna Eyerkuss, their top player, fits her role there perfectly and is one those “best player nobody knows” types. I wasn’t covering girl’s basketball during coach Jenn Jurjevic’s high school career at Pascack Valley and don’t remember seeing her play, but several people have told me that this team is such a reflection of her. I can see that just by her personality. This is going to be a fun team to watch in the County tournament.


No comments:

Post a Comment